1. It is a kind of RMB savings served for non-compulsory education in the form of time deposit of small savings for lump-sum withdrawal. Non-compulsory education refers to education other than that of the compulsory 9-year full-time senior high school (vocational school), College and three stages in university education of undergraduate, Master and PhD degree program.
2. Deposit periods can be one year, three years and six years. Initial minimum is RMB 50; maximum principal of each savings is RMB 20,000.
1. Tax-free: During withdrawal (upon maturity or in advance), interest income from education deposit is tax-free according to the relevant national policies.
2. Save for the future: Help family to save a fixed sum every month for the children’s education. Help children to develop a habit to save.
1. Education deposits are saved as time deposit of small savings for lump-sum withdrawal with preferential rate. Interest for 1-year and 3-years education deposits are accrued at the rate of time deposit of the same class same term quoted on the date of opening the account. Interest for 6-years education deposit is accrued at the rate of 5-year time deposit quoted on the date of opening the account.
2. You have to deposit a fixed sum every month as agreed. Any missing deposit for a month in between has to be made up in the next month. If not, you are in breach of the contract. Amount deposited after default will have interest accrued at the rate of current savings.
3. Early withdrawal in full amount can enjoy tax-free benefits if evidence can be produced on non-compulsory education. Interest will be accrued on actual deposit period at the rate of time deposit of the same class same term quoted on the date of opening the account. Those who cannot produce evidence will have interest accrued on actual deposit period at the rate of current deposit quoted on the date of withdrawal. Further, interest income is taxable.
4. Amount drawn over the original deposit period after maturity will have interest accrued at the rate of current savings quoted on the date of withdrawal. Tax will be levied on interest income after maturity.
1. Account opening: You need to present your valid ID in person to open the account at Bank of Kunlun outlets. If someone applies on behalf of you, ID documents to verify you and your representative are necessary.
2. Renewal: You may renew education deposit at any service outlets. If you can provide your passbook number or others, you can deposit without the passbook, but a valid ID is necessary.
3. Close Account: You can close the account if you present your education deposit passbook to any Bank of Kunlun outlets
All the content stated above is for your reference only. Please consult the local branch of Bank of Kunlun for further information.